After TikTok, Shopping Feature Is Coming to YouTube Shorts

Shorts, YouTube’s TikTok-style short video product, is getting a shopping feature. Users will be able to purchase products while browsing Shorts with the new shopping feature.

Shopping and entertainment come together

Social media platforms are transforming into both shopping apps and entertainment platforms. Following in the footsteps of TikTok and Meta, YouTube has also joined the digital platforms investing in the future of shopping. The company, which recently published a report on the last quarter and fell below expectations by experiencing a 1.9% decrease in its revenues, has been trying new income-generating methods recently.

The new shopping features will expand YouTube’s e-commerce footprint in a similar fashion to TikTok and Instagram, by allowing users to purchase products they see while watching Shorts videos. The new feature, which is currently in testing, will be available by 2023.

YouTube Shorts keeps getting updated!

Finally, in the past months, the giant platform Shorts has made a separate income generation move for its producers. In this system, it was stated that the content creators would receive a share of 45% from the ads that appeared between the videos. It was stated that the remaining 55% will continue to be used by the platform.

The Shorts will initially be available to viewers in the United States, India, Brazil, Canada and Australia. YouTube says it plans to expand the tagging to more creators and countries in the future.

Source: Girisimhaberleri / Translated by Irem Yildiz

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button