US-Turkish JV to build 60-MW wind farm in Serbia

Windflow West, a joint venture of US-based SunFlow Holding and Turkey’s Vulcanus Enerji Yatirim Anonim Sirketi, plans to install a wind farm in southern Serbia with a capacity of roughly 60 MW.

Draft plans for the project were released on Thursday by the Vranje city municipal authuroties. They will be open to public exhibition for 30 days, until March 11.

The proposed plant will cover an area of 179 hectares (442 acres) in the vicinity of Vranje city and will be equipped with nine turbine generators of 6.2 MW each. To be sited in the municipalities Tesoviste and Gumeriste, the machines will be installed on forest and agricultural land.

Belgrade-based Windflow West is 70%-controlled by SunFlow,while its Turkish partner holds the remaining 30%, according to Serbia’s Business Registers Agency (SBRA).

Under a strategy unveiled in 2022, Serbia aims to source 49.1% of its electricity from renewables and bring the share of renewables to 41% of gross final consumption by the end of the decade.

Source: renewablesnow

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button